Monday, April 30, 2012

Museum Date 4-12-12



 Yes! I finally reached the current month- the downside? It’s almost over.  No worries, I’ll be doing individual posts. By that, I mean no more month recaps. Earlier this month Cody participated in a bouldering competition! It wasn’t organized very well.  As a spectator, I could see a lot of cheating going on; you can imagine how Cody felt, so we left it early. But that gave us more time to get started on our garden.  We only planted one plant, an Indigo Apple Tomato.



Crocker Art Museum, New Addition.


A few weeks later, I went on a lovely museum date with my Cody at Crocker Art Museum.  We had a charming night perusing many amazing exhibits. There were a lot of people there, mostly students. Before I get into the art, I want to talk about the feeling of walking through a room full of people while holding hands with your loved one- you feel alone. Not in a lonely way, but in the kind where your rusty brain gears are trying to make sense of different points of views. There’s no right way to interpret art, everybody sees something different and not everyone will agree it’s art but the act of looking is all that is required to spark something inside of you.  By the end of the evening, it felt like my brain was in pain from trying to think.  It feels like my brain has been constipated and seeing all that art stirred some cognitive indigestion. But at the same time it was so much fun! It’s interesting to feel emotions brought upon by paintings on the walls. Many times, I wasn’t even sure I knew what I was feeling- for sure confusion- but that’s the point, that my brain was trying to figure something out.   By the end of the night, it felt like I hadn’t been there with Cody. We were together and we did talk to each other about the paintings and other things, but it was mostly an individual experience. He kind of felt the same way, so he understood what I meant.

I wish I had written down the names of the artists and their works. Some that I remember and was able to google were:

Earth Birth 1983
The Fall 1993
Irving Norman
My World and Yours (And The Gods Created The World In their Own Image) 1954

Gottfried Helnwein


Troy Dalton
The Birth of Cain









No comments: