Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Breakup



    Can you believe a few weeks had gone by blissfully when all of a sudden I broke up with Cody?!  What can I say? I was scared.  He has dreams that I hope he fulfills; one of them is to join Peace Corps and go to Africa.  That means he’ll have to leave at some point.  And before I got my heart broken, I thought it was better to break up at the moment.  So I did.   
    But nobody knows what’s going to happen in the future.  All you know is that whatever happens, you hope to have the love and support of those you care about. You’ll have to face whatever the future brings because what other choice is there, right? After thinking about it for a while, I realized that I had just given in to my fears and that is the worse reason to break up with the one you love.  And weather Cody goes of to Africa or not, I want him to still be in my life.  I will love him no matter where he goes, it’d be cool if I could go too, but if not, I’m willing to wait for him. When people love each other, they work through things.  48 hours later, we were back together and there have been no other bumps in the road since then. We'll see what the future brings, but really, I LOVE this guy.

No comments: