Friday, April 13, 2012

The Beginning

        I should have started this the day I met Cody. But who could have known that I would grow to love Cody so much that I would think about him night and day and yearn for the safety of his arms. Who could have known that I would learn to believe in a happy life. Certainly, not me. But five months into our relationship, I know this is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.  Heck, I knew 4 days after meeting him.


We met...
          ...on November 11th, 2011. I was excited to meet the mysterious Cody after hearing from one of my best friends, Viqui, what he was like.  I had never met him, nor did I know what he looked liked.  All I knew was that he was into saving frogs and liked outdoorsy things.  Viqui also said he had gone to Belize with his best friend, Mike.  That's how we were set up, by each other's best friends; of course, who else could have known us well enough. After exchanging contact info through them, I made the first move:"Hi Cody, you don't know me and actually, I don't know you either, but that could change if you still want to meet.  This is Nayely and I look forward to meeting you."  Or something along those lines. He responded and we set a date for 11-11-11 at Tower Cafe in Sacramento.  I had never been despite living here most of my life, so at the very least, it would be a new place to check out.




But it turned out to be so much more than that...
          We talked about a lot of things that day. Vegetarianism, gardens, life goals, Monterrey aquarium, childhood pets, trees, brains, agriculture, traveling, societal values, etc. But the thing that I remember the most was the passion with which he talked about it.  It drew me closer and closer to him and he had me on the edge of my seat.  I hardly ate a bite of the veggie burger I had ordered; I was so nervous.  But at the same time, I also felt so at ease talking with him.  It was as if I had known him for years and was just comfortably talking about my past, present and future ideas I didn't even remembered I had.  Plus his eyes were (are) divine.  I remember looking into them the whole time and feeling like I was the only person in the building with him. An olive green that captured me in serenity and reflected a genuine soul. I can get lost in his eyes for hours and feel safe and at home in them.
         The second thing I remember the most and that I will never forget: the waitress was flirting with him! "Uh uh, this is my date. Find yourself another customer to flirt with." That was what I wanted to say to her, but I know she was just being friendly and doing her job.  I laugh now and sometimes still give Cody a hard time about it, but he knows I'm just kidding (kinda). Sadly, the first date had to end at some point, but we made plans to see each other another time. He took me home and we hugged goodbye.  That evening and for the rest of the night, I couldn't stop talking about him.

No comments: