Monday, April 16, 2012

The Kiss

Our first kiss felt like a first kiss. We were hanging out at his house; it was our second meeting, two days later. We were talking about our likes/dislikes, and I was asking him about what all the posters on his walls meant, where he got this or that picture taken, etc.  He told me about the yellow frog on his wall and what he did with Save The Frogs. Then he gave me a STF wristband.  





He told me what it was like to visit Costa Rica and he showed me a few things he brought back with him, including a bracelet which was still new. I asked him why he hadn’t worn it yet. I don’t remember what he said to that but I went ahead and tied it onto his wrist.  He hasn’t taken it off since. 
(It's a bit faded now.)
During the whole time that we were talking, I kept getting lost in his eyes and wishing he would kiss me. Of course, I didn’t say anything, but I was nervous.  We were sitting on his bed with our legs crossed, our knees slightly touching, my  heart racing, when he asked if he could kiss me.  In my mind I was screaming, “omg! YES! That’s exactly what I want!” Instead I only smiled and nodded yes. He leaned in halfway and I leaned in the other half.  It was a soft, gentle kiss.

He asked me about being his girlfriend and dumb me, I said I would think about it. I had recently come out of a relationship and didn’t want to rush into another one, but I really wanted to say yes. I saw the look of disappointment in his eyes and at that moment all I wanted to do was take care of him, make sure he was never unhappy again.  It was true that I didn’t want to rush into another relationship and that I wanted to see other guys, but what’s the point of seeing other people when what you really want to do is be with the first guy. My mind and heart were already set on him. So the day after, I told him, “Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend.”


The following day, after work, I felt like I  just wanted to get away and wasn’t ready to go home, so Cody and I went to get a few drinks at Streets of London in Downtown. It only took one lemon drop and I was telling a random lady in the bathroom that I thought I was in love with someone I had only known 4 days. Random bathroom lady congratulated me and told me a story about her friend in a similar situation. I was tipsy, but we shared a moment in the bathroom.  I went back to sit with Cody and smiled at him while holding his hand. Afterwards, we stood on the sidewalk and kissed and danced. I told him a little about posadas in Mexico because we were standing next to window with Mexican art and posadas decorations.  It was late at night, we were standing in a desolate street, and I felt so happy with him.  When he dropped me off at home, I told him I loved him. It was true and continues to be true.

No comments: