Saturday, April 21, 2012

December 2011


           To catch up to the present faster, I will make 1 post for each past month, starting with December.  December brought with it lots of things for us to do together.  But first, we had to get through finals. He took me to Coffee Garden where we were really productive.  I really like studying with him there. AND they’ve got games for your study breaks! It  has cool paintings on the wall if you mind needs to wander from time to time.  After finals, that’s when the fun began.

First, I met his friends.  One of them, Katie, who is really sweet and down to earth, was graduating so she had a dinner to celebrate at Pyramid Brewery in downtown Sac.  It was also her birthday dinner.  I was very nervous to meet her and the others because these were Cody’s friends whom he spends a lot of time with, especially in Philosophy Club.  Have I mentioned that Cody is in the Philosophy Club at Sac State?  Well, I just did.  GO PHILOSORAPTORS! Anyway, they turned out to be super nice and chill people and I had a really nice time at dinner with them.  After dinner, we played a few games but most were old editions like from the 80’s, which had weird references to old people bedroom etiquette. Cody and I left the party early because we were tired, but on our way back to the car, we had to walk through Cesar Chavez Park where there is a small platform.  
We each took a turn getting on top of it and gave our World Peace speeches. We also pretended we were running for presidency and what we would do if elected.  We took turns doing this while the other pretended to be the hot reporter. Of course, any allegations of presidential candidates sleeping with the press were denied in true political fashion.

 After finals, we took a day trip to UC Berkeley Botanical Garden. I love gardens! And it was nice, though very emotional, being there again.  But I tried to focus on the present and being there with Cody. I feel like I can face anything with Cody. Though everything was familiar, it also felt new because this was the first time sharing it with him. We had lunch in the parking lot over looking the bay and we shared some baklava. Do you guys know how delicious that thing is!!!??  It was my first time trying it and I thought it was out of this world. Afterward, we visited Viqui and her boyfriend, David, in Oakland. Mike joined us there a bit later and we all played Apples to Apples. (This reminds me of another time that we played apples to apples with another of Cody’s friends, Chase and Adrienne, where Mike had to do something that supposedly never happened and Cody put make up on.)


And then, Christmas! Well, Christmas was Christmas, but it was cheerier this past year for me.  Cody came over on Christmas Eve to spend it with my family and we opened presents at midnight.  I forgot what I gave him >_<   But he gave me a baklava recipe WITH the ingredients! He also gave me a binder of recipes we had previously picked out to cook together. I spent Christmas morning with him and his family where we opened gifts a few at a time to draw out the festivities.  That is where I got my baklava gift and a very nice jewelry box plus some very pretty earrings!!!  Soon after, we made our first dish together from our recipe binder.  


 

No comments: