Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Berkeley Bouldering Trip



Last Friday, Cody and I went to Berkeley to boulder with some friends (David, Sunnie, and Viqui.) As always, Berkeley is beautiful and any trip with Cody is super fun, even when we are just driving.  Especially when we are just driving, listening to radiolabs and having conversations on science-y topics. When we got to Indian Rock Park, I was surprised that I never knew how such a big rock was smack in the middle of the Berkeley area surrounded by houses.There are lots of other rocks like that scattered around. David and Cody really got into bouldering and were helping each other, while I just played around on the rocks.  David and Sunnie are really good and I only wish Cody and I could have gotten together with them a lot earlier because I think we could really learn from them.  I've noticed that climbers tend to be really friendly and helpful, so I'm sure we'll encounter other climbers that we can learn from.


After climbing, we went to Berkeley Bowl and bought lots of bulk food.  We are planning on making vegan pumpkin and poppy seed wheat bread. Sounds good, right?  We are also going to make veggie tamales (we might need help from my mom for this), and tofu stuffed bell peppers.  Yum!  We bought a pint of vegan curry lentil soup and ate it on top of a look out point overlooking the bay.  After eating, we climbed some more! It was a really secluded little park with a beautiful view of the sunset.  There was a small playground there and we played in it as if we were little kids.  




The following Sunday, we drove up to Yuba City to watch the annular eclipse. I made a pinjole projection box, but a man with his children who saw us on the side of the road, gave us a plastic film that helped us see the eclipse better. It was a very nice afternoon eating cherries while watching the eclipse, and I'm glad to have shared it with Cody.




2 comments:

Cody said...

I love you so much!! I had a wonderful time in Berkeley with you and your friends, and a great evening in Live Oak with you to see the eclipse :)

Cody said...

...I really enjoy our car rides together, too, my bear. Especially when we hold hands and listen to the sounds of the car and our smiles.