Thursday, July 5, 2012

Moonlight Fantasy

Movie Date was AWESOME!! It lasted over 24 hours! We saw Brave, which was a really cute movie and I'm seriously considering dyeing my hair orange and adopting a Scottish accent.  Both Cody and I thought it was a nice movie and it reaffirmed our love for bears :)  I also realized that most of the movies we've seen together have been animated: Puss in Boots, Arrietty, Ratatouille, How to Train Your Dragon, and Brave.  Not animated: Prometheus, The Others, Earthlings.  But we have another movie date planned for tomorrow, so we'll be able to add to our non-animated list: Safety Not Guaranteed.

After the movie, we had a few drinks- we were bar hopping!  Ok, only 2 different bars, but it was still something I had never done before.  The Shady Lady is pretty on the inside but dark, their food didn't seem too appetizing and I was hungry.  So at Sapporo, we definitely  ordered food- non-vegan fried rice- and it was DELICIOUS!!!!



And then, because neither of us wanted to go home and Cody didn't have to work the next day, we decided to go to a dark place with no city lights in order to look at the night sky.  The moon was sooo pretty and illuminated everything in an ethereal glow.

The following morning, we took care of some school obligations together :)  and then the plan was to go see Safety Not Guaranteed, but it turned out to not be playing at the time we wanted, so, in a spontaneous decision, we decided to go swimming in the river!  But not just the Sacramento river, not even here in Sacramento.  Cody took me to Auburn where there's a delightful swimming spot. I felt so free swimming there.



On the way to the river we shared a veggie-patty Subway sandwich with avocado. Hmmm....So good! Not quite as good as the fried rice from the night before but that's only because it didn't taste like Brother Pig.  Besides, it was super hot, so a cold sandwich hit the spot perfectly.


After swimming, the surprises just kept on coming!  Cody decided to break Veganism for 1 day in order to eat pizza from Chicago Fire with me.  And it was one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten!  Also, the thickest!



We shared our pizza at McKinley Park in Sacramento next to the duck pond until we were chased away by a giant goose.  HONK!



I love my Cody :)


P.S.  Sorry I don't have my own pictures, forgot to take any. Google Image Search is awesome :P

No comments: