Thursday, June 28, 2012

Butterflies

Sunnie & David  in Orange, CA





Still recuperating from that super long week, and I have the bruises and sore muscles to prove it. But it was oh, so much fun. David & Sunnie's wedding was charming, romantic, and wild all rolled into one; in short, it was awesome- not just for being part of their special day, but because I got to see lots of old friends too.  I do wish Cody could one day meet all of them, so they can all see for themselves how nice he is and he can get to know me a little more. 




Ashley & Heather in Tomales State Park






Besides the wedding, I also got to spend some time with even "older" friends, Ashley and Heather, when we went hiking at Tomales Park.   And of course, Super Long Week included lots of bouldering with Cody, both in Berkeley and Castle Rock, along with Mike and Katie. All that physical activity really made it a "wild" week.  


Mike, Katie & Cody @ Castle Rock

Cody helping me @ Castle Rock
Cody on top of rock @ Berkeley, CA



Cody walking Khajit & Nala





Yet, despite all the amazing trips Cody and I have done, it is the simple things that I cherish the most.  For example, walking the cats.  Just calling him to ask if he wanted to help, gave me butterflies in my stomach.  I was afraid he'd say no, which would have been understandable since its such a silly idea, but when he said yes, i felt as if we were going on one of those tentative first few dates.  We are going to to go on a movie date in a few days and I'm giddy with anticipation.  After all this time, he still makes me as nervous as the first time we met.  


However long this lasts, I will enjoy the moment. 


Cody & me @ Berkeley Farmers' Market






No comments: